Tired of shaving, waxing or sugaring, a person is ripe for radical hair removal. It’s easy to guess that it’s laser hair removal, which sounds reassuring and at the same time frightening. For some reason, some people associate the word “laser” with radiation, although the type of radiation used in cosmetic laser units has nothing to do with X-rays and UV rays.
Who should not undergo laser hair removal
If you have an appointment for laser hair removal in a good clinic, be ready that you may be refused the procedure if at least one of the contraindications is identified:
- blood disorders;
- taking blood-thinning medication;
- insulin-dependent diabetes;
- other infectious diseases;
- autoimmune diseases;
- a recent chemical peel or laser resurfacing in the area to be waxed;
- recent tanning;
- white hair;
- pregnancy and lactation.
The impressive list of contraindications speaks to the seriousness of the procedure and its potential dangers exclusively for people with these conditions. If you do not have them, laser hair removal will free you from unwanted facial and body hair with no unpleasant consequences. But again, under some important conditions.
Lasers are different and must be handled properly
Do not be afraid of the laser, at least because it has long been in the service of doctors and beauticians. But choose a laser hair removal clinic with a good track record, rather than a single office within a beauty salon.
Reputable clinics use expensive, new generation laser units, more often diode, with a built-in cooling system.
Side effects of laser hair removal
The expected result of laser hair removal is a cessation of unwanted vegetation for many years or forever. It depends on the individual peculiarities of the body.
But sometimes disappointment comes after the first session and it is expressed in the following:
- Thermal burns as a result of improperly adjusted laser;
- folliculitis – inflammation of the hair follicles, if the procedure has been performed on a damaged skin area or if the patient has concealed diseases, such as diabetes or immunodeficiency;
- pigmentation of the skin due to lack of observance of elementary rules after the procedure.
With a correctly performed procedure, there are no irritations or pimples, because the laser has a bactericidal effect. So don’t be afraid of laser hair removal, just choose a reliable clinic.