What are the pros and cons of eating cinnamon? As you know, cinnamon is a very popular herb that is used as a condiment to flavor foods. The cinnamon tree is an evergreen tree in the laurel family. The bark of the tree is dried and sold in the market as a ground powder. We know the health benefits of cinnamon. Cinnamon is not only used in cooking, but is also one of the important home remedies for many ailments. Check this out.
- Cinnamon is known to help indigestion like indigestion, gas, diarrhea, and pelvic pain.
- It is a traditional remedy for people with coughs and colds. Cinnamon tonic is known to relieve problems associated with sneezing and runny nose.
- Cinnamon powder mixed with honey is known to boost the immune system. Taking the solution regularly will strengthen your body and make it strong.
- If you want to lose weight, mix a spoonful of cinnamon powder and honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it regularly on an empty stomach early in the morning. It will help you lose weight and prevent the accumulation of fat in your body.
- Do you suffer from acute arthritis pain? Apply cinnamon to the affected area to relieve arthritis pain.
- Women with severe period pain can get relief by taking cinnamon supplements or powder mixed with water.
But, even more surprisingly, is cinnamon effective in controlling blood sugar levels in the human body? Although this is still controversial among many! Recent research suggests that cinnamon may be beneficial as a supplement for type 2 diabetes.
Regular consumption of cinnamon has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity and blood sugar control. Increased insulin resistance promotes weight loss, which reduces the risk of complications and heart disease. There was some evidence that there were signs of improvement in blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
However, when it comes to taking cinnamon supplements for diabetes, it is always prudent to consult your doctor before you begin. It should also be remembered that diabetes care is a lifelong commitment that takes patience and time. Just taking cinnamon supplements will not cure diabetes. Treating diabetes requires regular exercise, good nutrition, and regular cinnamon supplements.
While there is virtually no evidence that cinnamon can cause any complications, too much cinnamon can be harmful.
Basically, if you can’t wait to consume cinnamon for common health issues in your daily life, here’s a simple guide.
- Breakfast: you can sprinkle cinnamon on yogurt, cereal or an omelet and eat them. It is beneficial for health and enhances the taste of food.
- Having dinner: add cinnamon powder to the salad and eat. If you want delicious pasta, eat cinnamon with nuts and almonds.
- Beverages: Improve your cup of tea by adding cinnamon to tea or coffee. This will enhance the flavor and give a different flavor.
- Having dinner: Use cinnamon powder in your curry to improve flavor and appearance.
Sprinkling cinnamon on regular food will make it a healthy and comfortable meal. You can have amazing taste and amazing health benefits at the same time.
If you find it difficult to add cinnamon to your food or if you don’t have the time, take cinnamon supplements regularly to improve your health.
Cinnamon is a versatile spice. It can be used for a variety of purposes. Cinnamon is readily available and can be obtained in most homes. Combined with its various health benefits, cinnamon is certainly a much sought after condiment and for good purposes.